Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Techno

QC distributes cash aid to 800,000 families

Big News Network

[ad_1]

CALOOCAN CITY, April 8 (PIA) — At least 800,000 families in Quezon City have benefited from the financial assistance given by the National Government to those affected by the enhanced community quarantine in the National Capital Region (NCR) Plus area.

Mayor Joy Belmonte said Wednesday the National Government has allocated P2,481,942,000 for the city’s residents.

“Given their rule of P1,000 per individual, that should cover about 2.481 million beneficiaries and if we’re going to break that down into families since the maximum is about P4,000 per family, we are looking towards assisting about 800,000 families,” Belmonte said in a report by the Philippine News Agency.

She said based on the guidelines by the national government, those eligible for the aid are the same beneficiaries of the social amelioration program (SAP) of the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD).

She said also included in the list are beneficiaries of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).

Belmonte said the city government is also reviewing the list of beneficiaries provided to them as they have noticed duplication in names.

By removing duplicate names on these lists, she said they could also include those who received assistance from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) and the Social Security System (SSS) last year and were excluded from the list of SAP beneficiaries.

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

“We have our own database, we are mandated primarily to follow the DSWD database pero kung baga kulang yung nasa listahan nila, na cover na naman natin silang lahat nabigyan na tapos me extra pa dun sa pondo ng national government at yung criteria naman is those belonging to the low income families, tingin ko hindi naman masama na madagdagan yung benepisyaryo (But if there are still remaining funds, meaning their list is not complete after covering those they have provided and the criteria of the national government is those belonging to the low-income families, I don’t think it is bad to add some deserving beneficiaries),” she said.

Belmonte said they accommodated about 2,000 individuals per site to avoid crowding in 30 sites covering 40 barangays.

The city government distributed the cash aid to around 62,176 individuals across all its six districts on its first day of distribution.

Cash aid beneficiaries were requested to bring a valid ID, and two photocopies of the ID each bearing three sample signatures for verification and auditing purposes.

Those who are unable to go physically to the sites sent a representative who brought a valid ID with two photocopies each bearing three sample signatures and an authorization letter together with the beneficiary’s valid ID with two photocopies.

The city government has also asked for the assistance of the Quezon City Police District, Department of Public Order and Safety, and village officials to ensure the orderly distribution of the financial aid and assure that minimum health and safety protocols will be imposed. (PIA NCR)

[ad_2]

Source

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Alamat email Anda tidak akan dipublikasikan. Ruas yang wajib ditandai *

Artikel Lainnya

Advertisement
close